YOGA FOR PREGNANCY AND BIRTH
‘Sophie’s Yoga for Pregnancy & Birth group class offer the benefits of yoga in pregnancy with an effective physical and mental preparation for labour and birth. Childbirth education elements are subtly woven into the class to help you get fully prepared, in body and mind, for labour and birth and cultivate a deeper sense of ease and confidence, week-by-week’
Each class includes:
- use of gravity and the breath in gentle yoga movements
- the practice of positions for labour and birth
- breathing practice for labour and birth
- relaxation and visualisation to help you connect with your growing baby
- some time for discussion and refreshments
The classes will help you :
- ease some of the common discomforts of pregnancy and stay healthy throughout your pregnancy
- make you feel reinvigorated with a sense of inner well being
- gain confidence in your body and your inner ability to give birth to your baby
- prepare physically for childbirth
- meet other mothers
The class is suitable from 13 weeks of pregnancy and right until the birth.
Saturdays, 10h15-11h45 (pre-registration essential)(No class on 23rd and 30th Dec 2023)
At Shanti Home (Rue Darwin 8, Brussels 1190- near Place Brugmann)
PRENATAL & LABOUR MOVEMENT WITH A BALL SPECIAL CLASS
A labour/exercise ball is a fantastic prop to use during your pregnancy to stretch and relax in fully supported positions.
It is also a precious tool for most of your labour which will enhance mobility and comfort and offers the potential to reduce anxiety and even shorten your labour.
During those sessions, we explore yoga-inspired movements and positions which help relieve common pregnancy tensions and discomforts, and learn how some of those movements and relaxation positions can help you remain mobile, more comfortable and more relaxed during labour.
We end the session with a relaxation (lying down).
You can attend the special sessions in addition to your regular Yoga for Pregnancy and Birth class, or separately.
Some Saturdays 10h15-11h45 (next dates : 16th Dec 2023/10th Feb 2024/ 23rd March 2024) (pre-registration essential)
Shanti Home, Rue Darwin 8, Brussels 1190 (near Place Brugmann)